Home
UsernamePassword
Group for those who want to participate or to have more information on the GBIF Community Site development

Share |
Group discussion > Couple of other suggestions

Couple of other suggestions

Steve Wilkinson
2178 days ago

Alberto

It may be my failing (aging) eyesight but I cant spot the difference between the hyperlinked text and the normal text which means most hyperlinks are a waste of time. Can we not go fo a very obvious colour (old fashioned blue). Function is more important than looks I feel Smile

Also - could we add a "post topic" button to the group home page (beside "latest discussion"). It would seem sensible to make it as easy as possible to find the link.

Best wishes

Steve

Steve Wilkinson
2178 days ago

Oh - and one other thing. Could the user name be added to the seeting page? I could only see my name and assumed this was user name - which it isn't but I cant seem to see the user name anywhere.

Alberto González Talaván
2177 days ago

I'll see what I can do! Changing the appearance of the links should be easy. The other two suggestions could be a bit more tricky, as it involves changing the elgg core plugins and that could create us some headaches when upgrading the site (that we need to do from time to time for security reasons, etc).

I'll describe here what I can find out about all this!

Steve Wilkinson
2177 days ago

Thanks Alberto.
ON another note I have "solved" my performance problem. Effectively it looks like the current setup runs very slowly on IE7. It looks like there are scripts that IE needs to finish loading before you can interact with the page which means it is about an 8 to 9 second delay. I have just switched to Chrome and it runs very fast again. Depending on what the use of IE7 is like at the moment it might be worth installing a copy and seeing what it is like there. I suspect it may just need a positioning of where the scripts are loaded on the page (so they can load in the background).

Steve